Imagine one day you woke up and all you had in your fridge was an apple, your freezer some peas, and your pantry some flour. What would you do? Most say go to the store and get more…. or hit Starbucks for breakfast and go food shopping later.
But for many kids today that is a scary reality!
I work for a support agency and I hear things each day that sound much like this:
The kids know my food stamps got cut off because when they came home from school today, they didn’t have their snacks. So they know that I didn’t go to the market. I really didn’t tell them why or anything like that, because I don’t think they understand. But it affected them. MOM of 3 children
I’ve been to food pantries. Sometimes the food is good and sometimes it’s not. The day that I went the food wasn’t that good. Some of the things were, but some of the things were outdated. I was kind of nervous going in at first, but I went in and went into smiling faces. They didn’t make me feel bad because I was there for food. It was an experience. DAD of 1 child
I might be a person in need of some of this stuff, but when you’re in need you can also give back. I wouldn’t ever take if I didn’t need, and so I give back through volunteering. GRANDMA caring for 4 children
That is the thing. It is not from lack of trying. Families try to hard to balance it all. In this Week of giving thing about No Kid Hungry
They have a vision of a hunger-free community, builds partnerships across the public and private sectors. Everyone can play a role. They educate elected officials about the impact of food insecurity in their communities, and advocate for policy solutions that will put struggling families on the road to healthy, hunger-free lives.
No Kid Hungry tries to focus on the following areas.
- No child is at risk of hunger
- Cooking Matters and learning how to save ways and cook
- Families have a solid foundation by having access to nutritious food
- People can get help during hard times
No Kid Hungry speaks out on behalf of vulnerable children who don’t get enough to eat at home and whose health, academic performance and general well-being are threatened by hunger!
It takes more than food to fight hunger!
Learn more about how Loacker is making sure No Kid Hungry is a reality in your community:
NO CHILD SHOULD GROW UP HUNGRY IN AMERICA. But 1 in 6 children struggles with hunger.
Loacker during the Week of Giving has partnered with No Kid Hungry to help raise money so no children has to wonder…. can I eat today!
More about Loacker
The Week of Giving Fundraiser and Giveaway is November 18-25, 2017
How to Participate for Your Chance to Win!
- Post a video or picture of yourself conducting a charitable act or making a donation to No Kid Hungry on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram any day from November 18 to 25. Charitable acts may include volunteering at a local food drive, school or place of worship.
- In your post, use the hashtags #LoackerLove and #WeekOfGiving to enter for a chance to win.
- The first 100 verified charitable participants (using the hashtags) will receive a Loacker Insider box filled with Loacker treats.
- All verified participants will be entered into a random drawing where 10 winners will receive a Special Loacker SWAG BAG full of Loacker swag and tasty treats in time for the Holidays.
Get started by making your donation to No Kid Hungry now at: nokidhungry.org/loacker
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 11/25/17 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Open to legal residents of the continental United States of America, DC, Puerto Rico and Hawaii. Prizes will only ship to the aforementioned locations. No P.O. Box addresses accepted. You must be 18 + or age of majority at time of entry to win. Limit one winner per household. This contest and drawing are wholly run and operated by Loacker USA Inc. Loacker USA Inc. is a partner of Share Our Strength, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Any donations made will go towards Share Our strengths and their “No Kid Hungry” initiative. Visit www.loackerlove.com for more info.
This sponsored post is brought to you by Loacker USA Inc. and coordinated by Wendy’s Bloggers