Fun Halloween Games makes the day full of learning and the kids don’t even know it!
5 Fun Halloween Games for your Classroom
- Bobbing or dunking for apples: When I think of Halloween games, this immediately comes to mind! Filkl a basin with lots of water (too little water makes it too easy but may be a good way to introduce this game to younger kiddies). Float a number of apples in the basin. Each player puts their hands behind their back and tries to catch an apple in their mouth without using there their hands at all! Really great wet and messy fun!
- Snap apple: Tie strings around apples and suspend them from the ceiling, or door frame. You may need to adjust the length so that the apples are at mouth height or lower. Each player must attempt to eat the entire apple without touching it with their hands. Alternatively a prize can be given to the person who gets the first bite out of their apple. It is quite tricky, and you may want to change apples for donuts for younger children.
- Flour game: I loved this as a child. Make a mound with flour and place a grape or raisin on the top of the mound. Each player takes a turn at slicing the flour away using a knife, trying not to let the grape/raisin fall. Whoever causes the grape or raisin to fall must try and retrieve the grape using only their mouth by putting their face in the flour! This game produces lots of ghost like faces and is so so much fun!
- Mummy race: This game is perfect if you have a number of children at your party. Split into teams of three. Choose one Mummy per team. Give each team lots of rolls of toilet paper. Each team must race to create a mummy by wrapping toilet paper around their “Mummy” team mate. The first team to successfully cover their team mate in toilet paper and create a mummy is the winner!
- Monster Mash Musical Statues: There are lots of monster themed and halloween themed compilation cds and playlists out there. Played just like traditional musical statues but using monster music. We usually try to dance like monsters and zombies and when the music stops, players must freeze in a scary monster .Can you think of any Fun Halloween Games?